Saturday, December 30, 2006

Welcome Poets


Welcome poet friends here, to a gathering online, for conversation and poetry. And just see what happens? This will be by invitation, (or petition) only, and any poet can post and edit their own posts. I wonder what we can create here. I imagine it as a more intimate and serious, though playful gathering, a simple ongoing conversational meeting place, as an evening party of poets at our home might be. It is not meant to replace or duplicate any other poetry site, but to be a small salon where a few friends gather in a relaxed poetic way. The new Blogger has offered this possiblility for multiple authors to post, so I decided to try this out. In the photos you see here are many of the poets I've invited to our "party" here--I will identify them as they show up--and add more photos when surprise featured co-author friends arrive. Is this fun, have a drink and... what do you think?

8 comments:

The Jackal and Vixen said...

Hello all, and thanks for the invitation Kathy! If you're having a drink I'll not say no, but please, not a martini...

Kathabela said...

What shall it be then, all around??
Something Australian? That's where Leanne lives. I can't wait to hear more about her book. We really already have such an international group. Alessandra is in Italy-- although--it's no secret--Houston is gaining a fine poet! Welcome Leanne, I knoe the party will go into high gear whenever you're here!!

Dr Vartan said...

What is a good Australian cocktail???? Tell us leanne!
Aslo, do you watch Macleod's Daughters??

Kathabela said...

Yay Lynn, so happy you are here!!! I am going to make sure Leanne answers these important questions... you can be sure she will get no peace till she answers!

The Jackal and Vixen said...

Give me peace, Kath! Lynn, I'm not a big cocktail drinker, though I do love a mango margarita (which is just a regular margarita with mango blended into it). And there are two reasons I don't like MacLeod's Daughters -- one is that I don't like soaps in general, and the other is that I grew up in the country and know what a load of rubbish it is!

Kathabela said...

I'd like a mango margarita then, while I am enjoying "Odd Verse Effects"!

Dr Vartan said...

Mango margarita, huh? yum yum yum.....shall we try them for the 21st Kathy?

Kathabela said...

yes!